Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2012 GoLite Black Mountain Thermal Wind Pant "I do more with less, Therefore I GOLITE"

Gear review for the GoLite Black Mountain Thermal Wind Pant at Walker Ranch in the Mountain just west of Boulder Colorado.  Temps: Partly Cloudy, High 35, chance on snow later in the Hike.  Winds would pick up to over 20mph.
It was really cold that morning so we layered our running apparel.  Jason wore just the GoLite Black MT Thermal Wind Pant on bottom and I wore my thermal underwear under my GoLite MT Thermal Wind Pant as I tend to get cold fast.  Hats, Gloves, buffs covering our necks, multiple layers on top and full packs with 100oz of water OFF we went.  This was a very technical trail run over 7 miles with climbs with a range of 1100 ft elevation change.  All at or around 6700 elevation or more. 
I have to say that I really thought there was too much material around the mid section of the pants from just trying them on.  But after running, trekking, bushwacking, bouldering, jogging in them for hours I had NO PROBLEMS with feeling "free" to move in them.  The 3 layer strech construction is awesome with the inside brushed fleece back panel makes them so comfortable!  AND I do NOT need the thermal underwear on under them, I was too warm at this point.  We felt no wind thru the panll ts(Laminated Soft Shell with the windproof front panel) and were comfortable the whole time.  The "clamshell" knees for ease of movement really held up to that...I felt no pulling down of my pants as I raised my knees to run or climb.  The pants did not feel damp on the inside and they did not stick to me the harder I worked out.  Proves they are waterproof and breathable. 
We would recommend these pants for wind protection and comfort....no more multilayer for the legs in cold weather!!  This pant does it all.  THANK YOU for making such a great product!!
See you out there!
PWild

No comments:

Post a Comment